Wednesday, April 30, 2025

It's Gonna be...May?

Time flies!

The last two months have been interesting.

Me on my laptop 

I was bummed that the PbF I was in over a RPGGeek for the 2025 RPGGeek New Player Initiative fell through. It made me wonder if there are some ttrpgs that don't translate well in PbF or PbP settings. Granted, the one we played did have online play materials but for some reason the session just didn't flow well. I will admit...I struggled with improv and it was a improv heavy game. I do wonder if having an in person session of the game would have made it easier in that we could actually talk to each other and we could play off of seeing each other's actions

Also, it dawned on me too that doing a PbF game meant that everyone online could read and follow along. Usually, on discord a PbP would be in a dedicated server and only people in the server could read and interact with it. However, I do see ttrpg games being played by voice in discord servers and most of the time no spectators are allowed. Though sometimes people accidentally/mistakenly (?) join them (and then server wide announcement of no spectating is politely reminded).  

Overall, it was a fun experience and I would do it again. I got a micro badge for participating so that was cool. 


JP Coovert's Patreon Page


On a whim I ended up joining some Patreon's this month. 

First was JP Coovert's-I like that at the $6 tier you can get access to digital copies of zines/adventures/games he's released. 

Mythworks Patreon Page



The second was Mythworks- their $5 tier gives you access to the digital vault of their games, comics, and extras. I highly recommend checking it out for a month or two-especially if you're running (or thinking about running The Wildsea). There's a ton of extras to explore. And yes, for you Slugblaster fans' the vault includes the recent update of the core rulebook. 

Well, I'm off to check out the tulips! See ya. ✌