![]() |
| I tried taking the famous "circle in circle shot". |
I’ve been to various conventions in my city (Kubla Con, SF Fan Expo, and Anime Impulse). Small potatoes.
However, this was the first BIG convention I’ve attended. It was so large that I don’t think I really scratched the surface of it. However, I will say this…it was definitely a learning curve. From April to July I was always checking UBlog for updates and checking SDCC discord servers for information on hotels, off-sites, and everything in between.
I’ve heard complaints how the off-site foot print was small this year and not a lot of swag giveaways. But honestly? I enjoyed the convention! It was cool seeing fandoms from every corner of pop culture in one place for 3 days. Got to explore San Diego a bit and most importantly…spend time with my Dad.
We didn’t go to Hall H but we did go to the Paramount+ Lodge and the Star Trek Fan Screening. In my opinion the Star Trek bar was the highlight of the Lodge for me. I wish I had gotten myself the "Cosmic Drops". I tried a sip from my Dad (before he drank his and it was delicious). The Vulcan Sunset...not so much.
![]() |
| Wanna drink? |
![]() |
| "Thank you! Enjoy the popcorn and the episode(s)!" |
The Fan Screening was cool too. The second episode was 🔥. Seeing it at the Balboa Theater with a bunch of Star Trek fans was fun.
And Then...
It was Over.
Back home with memories and moments I'll keep forever. After all that...I was tired. I needed to nap for a couple of days before going back to work. I might have gotten a little Con crud too. Bleh. It also took me a bit to rewire my brain to stop myself from checking the UBlog and SDCC discord servers daily. But it seems to back to normal now. Interestingly enough, I did add Parks and Cons to my podcast rotation list. They provide provided informative videos leading up to SDCC too.
Overall it was a fun trip and am looking forward to next year!



No comments:
Post a Comment